Thursday 21 October 2010

And your laminated card is...(turn it over)....IMF/World Bank

Following our intense VSO e-learning course, Jim and I have just been on our first VSO residential weekend at Harbourne House in Birmingham. The only way I can describe this was like being on The Apprentice for 3 long consecutive days (and nobody was fired although it is possible even at this stage in the game)....HARD WORK! It was lovely to meet other fellow volunteers to get us even more excited and galvanised about what we are about to do. All excercises were designed to explore culture and global development but I nearly died when we were all handed laminated cards - to give a short brief to the rest of the team. I know you won't believe me but I did manage to say a few words about the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, their influences and their effect on global development. Yep I surprised even myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment